How to prevent fraud when buying a fake diamond
1. Do your research: Educate yourself on the differences between real and fake diamonds. Learn about the different types of diamonds and what is typical for each type in terms of cost, color, clarity, and cut.
2. Shop with reputable jewelers: Ask friends and family who they have used to buy diamonds. If they don’t have any recommendations, look for reviews online.
3. Ask for a certificate of authenticity: Make sure that the diamond you are purchasing has a certificate of authenticity from a reputable gemological laboratory. This will help ensure that the diamond is genuine.
4. Get an appraisal: Hire a professional appraiser to verify the diamond is genuine and to assess its value.
5. Request a refund: Don’t be afraid to ask for a refund if the diamond turns out to be fake. Reputable jewelers should offer a money-back guarantee if the diamond is not what you thought it was.
6. Let them show you how the stone looks on a fake diamond detection device like the Diatrue device
7. Ask Diatrue certificate to be assure
the stone not fake.